Call for Volunteers!
Are you an enthusiastic, committed individual with a keen interest in the Ageing population? Do you want to expand your network of researchers, academics and decision makers from across the globe? Do you want to be surrounded by thought leaders and policy makers involved in the field of ageing? Apply to be a 14th Global Conference on Ageing volunteer!
Volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of two (2) shifts throughout August 6-10, 2018. Positions are first come, first served and special requests will be accepted and accommodated if possible.
Volunteers must be able to attend one (1) mandatory orientation session (to be held at Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, 1 Bridgeport Drive, Toronto). If you are unable to make the orientation sessions, please contact Ms Tarah McMaster to arrange to attend the online webinar training.
Volunteer roles and duties may include any of the following tasks:
- Conference Bags: Fill Conference bags with printed materials
- Greeters: Greet delegates as they check into the conference and social events
- Registration: Distribute name badges and Conference bags and provide information
- Information Ambassador: Stand at designated spots and provide directions and information to delegates
- Ushers: Usher delegates to empty seats in concurrent sessions and keynote addresses
- Floaters/Event Assistant: Assist the event team throughout the conference
Volunteer benefits, in recognition of 10 hours (2 shifts) or more of volunteer service, you will receive:
- Complimentary boxed lunch, and coffee breaks
- Complimentary attendance to a select number of sessions (subject to availability and outside of volunteer hours)
- Complimentary volunteer shirt and conference bag
- Opportunities to expand your network and build your resume
To sign up now, please fill out the form below: