Entry into Canada

Visitors to Canada require a valid passport and many visitors require a visitor’s visa.

For information on visa requirements and exemptions, please check with the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate.

To learn more online, click here. 

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals flying to or transiting through Canada. The authorization is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

On March 15th, 2016, this entry requirement will become mandatory and travellers will need an eTA before they can board a flight to Canada.

Electronic Travel Authorization is for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air.

Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa.

To learn more online, click here.